Today Ryan is on a plane to Darwin. He is going to be gone for a long weekend on a scouting/vision trip with some of our other co-workers. I’m not going with him for a few reasons but mainly I just finished this semester (all three final assignments done and submitted!) and I need a break. I’ve also been experiencing some gallbladder pain (more on the scheduled surgery later). So Ryan headed to Darwin without me but it should be a great trip and he gets to experience another part of Australia.
- Darwin is the Capital City of the Northern Territory.
- Darwin was named after Charles Darwin.
- Darwin’s population is the smallest of all the capital cities in Australia with only about 120,000 people.
- The same Japanese war planes that attacked Pearl Harbor, attacked Darwin on February 19, 1942.
- Darwin is located closer to the capitals of Indonesian, East Timor, Papua New Guinea, Palau and Brunei than it is to it’s own nations capital in Canberra.