Today I am on a plane to Adelaide. I’ll be gone only two nights but it was important that I had some face to face time with the organization Ryan and I will be representing during my first MSW internship. More on the details of the internship on Friday. But today, here are 5 facts about Adelaide.
- Adelaide is the Capital City of South Australia.
- Adelaide is named after Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen, a German married to King William IV.
- Adelaide has a population of about 1.3 million people.
- Burger King is called Hungary Jacks in Australia because there was already one small restaurant named Burger King in Adelaide so the franchise had to change their name when expanding to Australia.
- The people in Adelaide petitioned for the Beatles to come to their city during their 1964 Australia tour. They even turned out an impressive crowd of 300,000 people (close to half of Adelaide’s population at that time), which was the biggest crowd of the Beatles entire touring career.